Friday, April 17, 2009

Forming Leaders

Friday in Easter Week

I came up to Berkley today to spend time with two of our seminarians at Church Divinity School of the Pacific. Andy Shamel is a middler from Trinity, Escondido and Ken Simons is completing his year of Anglican Studies (He already has earned an M.Div. from Fuller).

I always remember with fondness visits from my bishop when I was in seminary. It was a time when we grew closer together, when I learned more about the church from, and we always had a nice meal together. So, I made sure that Andy and Ken were well fed at local Indian restuarant of their choosing. I also hope they felt well loved which they are. (They are pictured below, Ken on the left; Andy on the right)

Ken and Andy are a great gift to our diocese and the church. They are faithful followers of Jesus. They are full of passion, energy, and creativity. Please hold them in your prayers as they are formed to be priests in our church. May God continue to bless them.




No comments:

Post a Comment