Many of us enjoy God’s abundant blessings every day: families, friends, and food on the table. God calls us to share of our abundance with people in need. Together, we make possible ministries and programs that we could not as sole congregations. Our campus ministry at UCSD is growing with our support. Over 40 youth attended our diocesan convention. Happening and New Beginnings, renewal weekends for youth, are attracting record numbers. We are building up the church through our work in our companion diocese, the Diocese of El Salvador. These are just some ways we can do some good and share what we have.
Here are some concrete ways your donations make a difference:
- $350,000 develops congregational growth and ministries
- $120,000 supports redeveloping congregations throughout our diocese
- $30,000 supports campus ministry at UCSD and SDSU, connecting young adults with the church at a critical time in their lives
- $8,000 provides youth events for middle-school and high-school students, enriching their walk with Christ
- $7,000 develops worldwide outreach mission programs in Kenya, Western Mexico and El Salvador
Please share in providing these vital ministries by making a gift to the Bishop’s Appeal. One hundred percent of your gift will support outreach in the area served by our diocese. You may donate today on our secure, convenient web site: edsd.org/bishopsappeal, or you may fill out the enclosed response envelope and mail your contribution. Your gift provides help and hope to people in need while it helps to expand our ministry in the world around us.
I am most grateful for your support – past, present, and future. Together, we are accomplishing greater things than any of us can do alone. May God bless you with renewed faith, abiding hope, and deep compassion for all God’s people.
The Rt. Rev. James R. Mathes
Please respond to this opportunity to do good and share what we have by the Day of Pentecost, Sunday, June 12. Make a difference all year long!